About O'Reilly Strata Conference
Experience Strata | Who Should Attend Strata | Kudos | Program Committee | Vendor Advisory Board
Unprecedented computing power and connectivity are bringing new layers of experience to our lives: a change that brings both opportunity and the challenge of new technologies and skills. The future belongs to those who understand how to collect and use their data successfully.
Strata Conference offers the nuts-and-bolts of building a data-driven business—the latest on the skills, tools, and technologies you need to make data work. The inaugural Strata 2012 event in London will focus on the core issues and opportunities that are specific to the European data community, as well as the most significant worldwide themes and players.
Redefining Computing for the Next Ten Years
It's not just about faster and cheaper. Data is changing the definition of computing, infusing new layers of experience and understanding into our lives. Data presents fresh opportunities, and the challenge of new technologies and skills.
From mobile to cloud and beyond, powerful and readily available computing resources are fueling an explosion in our ability to create, consume, process, and package information. New techniques in data processing enable us to transform and analyze at scale, and with unprecedented agility. The intersection of technology, math, and entertainment gives us new ways to visualize, experience, and interact with a world of information.
From big data to augmented reality and beyond, Strata will be at the center of the way computing is changing for practitioners, enterprises, and the individual.
Why You Should Attend
Strata is becoming the defining conference for the layered world of everything data.
- Be the first to understand how you can leverage the promise of this huge change, and survive the resulting disruption
- Find new ways to leverage your data assets across industries and disciplines
- Learn how to take big data from science project to real business application
- Understand the training, hiring, and career opportunities for data professionals
- Meet face to face with other innovators and thought leaders
- Dozens of sessions that explore the latest advances, case studies, and best practices
- Networking opportunities with hundreds of other business leaders, data professionals, designers, and developers
- A vibrant "hallway track" for attendees, speakers, journalists, and vendors to debate and discuss important issues
- Fun evening events, receptions, and more, giving you more face time with attendees and speakers
Who Should Attend Strata
Strata Conference is for data professionals, including:
- VPs or directors of marketing, analytics, or data warehousing
- CIOs, CTOs, enterprise architects
- Data miners, scientists and analysts
- Developers and database professionals
- Product managers
- Researchers and academics
- Data-driven designers, journalists, and anthropologists
- VCs and investors
Strata attendees have job titles including:
Bioinformatics scientist; Business Process Analyst; CEO, COO, Chief Architect, Chief Creative Officer, Chief Data Officer, Chief Data Scientist, CIO/CTO, Computational Information Designer, Data Architect, Mining Engineer, Modeling Manager, Ops Manager; Director of Analytics, Business Development, Core Engineering, Consumer Web Development, International Research, Predictive Analytics and Optimization, Product Planning; Enterprise Architect; Founder; Manager of IT Metrics, Product Development, Technology Innovation, Web Systems; Managing Director; Partner; President; Principal; Principal Analyst,Engineer, Staff Research Engineer; Product Architect; Quantitative Analyst; Quantitative User Experience Researcher; Research Engineer; Research Systems Analyst; Search Quality Analyst; Senior Analytic Scientist, Director, Information Architect, Product Manager, Research Systems Analyst, Software Engineer, Statistician, Systems Engineer, Technologist; Software Architect and Development Manager; Solutions Architect; Sr. Technical Manager - Data Warehouse; User Experience Product Manager; Venture Partner; Vice Presidents of Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, Numerics, Engineering, R&D, Platform, Business Development/Strategy, Marketing Analytics, and Product Development; and more.
Strata brings together representatives from companies and organizations such as:
Accenture, Allstate, American Public Media, Analog Software, AOL, Apple, Artemis Financial Group, ATT Interactive, BabyCenter, Bioanalytical Computing, Booz Allen Hamilton, California Watch, Canon, Capital IQ, CareerBuilder.com, Carfax, Center for Investigative Reporting, Charles Schwab, Chevron, Clear Capital, DataRaker, Deutsche Bank, eBay, Etrade, Etsy, Factual, Federal Reserve Board, Fidelity Investments, Franklin Temple Investments, Gartner, Google, Greylock Partners, Groupon, Hitachi Data Systems, Intuit, Kaier Permanente, Lawrence Berkeley Labs, LinkedIn, Lockheed Martin, Macmillan, McLaren Applied Technologies, Merck & Co., Motorola Mobility, NBC Universal, National Academy of Sciences, The Neilsen Company, Netflix, New Scientist, Nokia, NTT DoCoMo, Opera Solutions, Orange Labs, Orbitz Worldwide, Paypal, Public Library of Sciences, Quest Software, Qwest, Raytheon/JPL, Salesforce.com, Samsung, Shared Learning, Shopzilla, Shell Oil, Smithsonian Institution, Starcom Worldwide, Stanford University, StumbleUpon, Survey Sampling International, Skype, SoundCloud, SVB Financial Group, Thomson Reuters, TIS R&D Center, Trident Capital, Truila, Twitter, U.C. Berkeley, UCLA, Universal Pictures International, USAA, US Census Bureau, Venrock, Verizon, Walmart Labs, The Walt Disney Company, Weather Trends International, Webster Clay, WebTrends, Wells Fargo, Wikibon, Zettaset, and more.
Kudos for Strata Conference
"I now know where to turn for ideas about how to best meet these challenges. I also want to reiterate that this was the best organized conference I have ever attended. It's no wonder that you and your organization are so successful. Thank you again for the opportunity to speak at this amazing conference."
—Jon Jenkins, SETI Institute Senior Research Scientist
is program chair for Strata and the O'Reilly Open Source Convention. A technologist and writer, he also leads the design and implementation of conference software at O'Reilly. Edd was the editor of XML.com for many years, and program chair for the XML Europe and XTech conferences.
comes from Digital Science, a new technology company started out of Macmillan Publishers, providing tools for researchers. She’s a technologist, open science advocate, and data nerd who works in her day job to make scientific research more efficient through better use of technology. Prior to moving to the UK to work for Digital Science, she managed the science division of Creative Commons where she worked to enable better knowledge sharing and research. You can follow her at @kaythaney.
- Azeem Azhar, PeerIndex
- Matt Biddulph, Product Club
- Sue Black, UCL, Go To Foundation
- Dan Brickley, Google EU
- Kenn Cukier, Economist
- Alastair Dant, Head of Interactive, Guardian
- Alex Deschamps-Sonsino
- Leigh Dodds, Kasabi
- Isabel Drost, Apache Software Foundation/Nokia Gate 5 GmbH
- Paul Gesiak, DataSift
- Ben Goldacre, Bad Science
- Dan Harvey, State
- Richard Holland, Eagle Genomics
- Andy Kirk, VisualizingData
- Aleks Krotoski, Aleks Krotoski Ltd.
- Neal Lathia, Cambridge
- Manu Marchal, Acunu
- Ade Oshineye, Google UK
- Thayer Prime, Team Prime Consulting, Ltd.
- JP Rangaswami, Salesforce
- Simon Rogers, Guardian
- Duncan Ross, Teradata
- Claire Rowland, AlertMe
- Moritz Stefaner, moritz.stefaner.eu
- James Stewart, uk.gov
- Jameel Syed, Musicmetric
- Jeni Tennison, Jeni Tennison Consulting, Ltd.
- Stewart Townsend, DataSift
- Simon Wardley, LEF (Leading Edge Forum)
- Matt Wood, Amazon Web Services
Strata Vendor Advisory Board
- Dave Danielson, Digital Reasoning
- Elissa Fink, Tableau Software
- Adam Grey, Amazon Web Services
- Martin Hall, Karmasphere
- David Inbar, Pervasive Software
- Generosa Litton, EMC
- Joe McGonnell, Hortonworks
- Sanjay Mehta, Splunk
- Mike Olson, Cloudera
- Steve Wooledge, Teradata Aster