Convince Your Manager
You’re eager to attend Strata Conference 2013, and why not? Strata is where the leading minds in big data converge to map out the changes just ahead, and share their experiences and actionable expertise. You’ll meet face-to-face with the people driving the data revolution. One previous attendee called it “one of the most valuable events to advance my career.” But maybe you’re not sure how to convince your boss to send you to Strata. Let us help you communicate the tangible benefits of the conference to your manager.
Before the Conference: Building Support for Your Attendance
During the Conference: Track Your Participation
- The conference website has useful features to help keep track of your participation. Use the Personal Schedule feature to track the sessions you attend (you must be registered to access the Personal Schedule).
- A few weeks before the conference, you'll receive a notification when the Attendee Directory becomes available, so you can start to note and contact the people you’re interested in meeting.
- Posting about your sessions on social media is a great way to let colleagues see what you're learning. You can also review your posts after the conference for a recap. The official Twitter conference hashtag is #strataconf.
After the Conference: Create a Report and Share What You Learned
- After the conference, you’ll receive an email with links listing all the sessions you attended and people you’ve met (if you’ve marked them in your Personal Scheduler and Attendee Directory).
- Use this information and the Conference Trip Report Template to create a report detailing what you gained from the conference. Supplement your own materials with speaker slides and keynote videos, posted during and after the conference.
- The 3-day All Access Pass also comes with a Complete Video Compilation of all recorded presentations, so you can watch relevant content with co-workers who were unable to attend.
Top Five Reasons to Attend Strata 2013
- See how other people are making money, building new products, and beating the competition with big data.
At Strata, you’ll see first-hand how others—from start-ups to innovators to some of the world’s most successful companies (like Google and Amazon)—tackle and use big data, and how you can apply what they've learned to your organization.
- Get face-to-face with the leading big data experts.
One previous attendee called Strata “an amazing event with the latest and greatest of the big data community dropping knowledge and taking names.” At Strata, you’ll connect with the leading minds in big data as they map out the future of data and share their expertise.
- Find solutions to your biggest data challenges.
If you have data challenges, someone at Strata has faced it too, and probably has great advice to offer. Maybe you're having a hard time getting others to understand and use your data. Data infrastructure issues? Need to learn the latest in R, Python, BDAS, Cassandra, Storm, Drill, or the Google Cloud? Master these and more at Strata’s in-depth tutorials. List your biggest headaches and compare it to the Strata program. Odds are, the solutions await you. And if you want to test-drive new tools and technologies, check out the Expo Hall. If it’s important in data, it’s at Strata.
- Dive into detailed case studies of data successes.
You'll learn exactly how innovative start-ups and established businesses implement successful data-driven strategies. Take advantage of their hard-won experience in your own projects: avoid the pitfalls, and learn the tips and strategies that ensured success.
- Hear it first at Strata.
The latest research, best practices, technologies, and analytic approaches are unveiled at Strata. Learn emerging tools and technologies; new techniques in predictive or real-time analysis; developing issues in policy or privacy; and cutting-edge interface or infrastructure developments.