O'Reilly Strata Conference
Making Data Work
Strata Conference is the leading event for the people and technology driving the data revolution. The home of data science, Strata brings together practitioners, researchers, IT leaders and entrepreneurs to discuss big data, Hadoop, analytics, visualization and data markets.
From startups to the Fortune 500, smart companies are betting on data- driven insight. Get control of the new data opportunity at Strata—immerse yourself in three full days of hands-on training, information-rich sessions, and an Expo Hall filled with the key players and products.
Strata Conference is for developers, data scientists, data analysts, CIOs and IT professionals. Read more about who will be attending.
Strata Conference Topics and Program
- Data Science: A look at what it means to work with data for a living. Data Science is a flourishing discipline, combining (as John Rauser puts it) math, engineering, writing, and skepticism in equal measure.
- Business & Industry: How will businesses become more data-driven? We'll explore how data is changing organizations of all sizes.
- Visualization & Interface: This track looks at how we communicate information, letting people make better decisions faster, and the explosion of mobile interfaces that turn every device into a sensor and an informant.
- Hadoop & Big Data: This track looks at big data platforms, with a particular focus on those that can handle massive amounts of information in parallel. We'll look at real-time, scale-out architectures that crunch data fast, and what it takes to build and run them.
- Policy & Privacy: In a world where just a few nuggets of information can identify nearly everyone, and where databases never forget, Big Data is an ethical minefield. In this track, we'll tackle the hard issues of privacy, compliance, governance, and policy that stem from a quantified society.
- Domain Data: Not all data is created equal. This track focuses on domain-specific data types, standards, and tips from experts.
The Strata experience is made up of intensely practical sessions for both business users and hardcore technologists; success stories (and cautionary tales) from startups making data their business and established companies that are saving millions and creating new revenue streams; great networking opportunities; and keynotes that snap the big picture into focus.
Join us February 28 - March 1, 2012 at the Santa Clara Convention Center for the latest on the skills, tools, and technologies you need to make data work.
- Early Registration ends January 12, 2012
- Standard Registration ends February 27, 2012